Saturday Night Live Faulted for Lack of Cast Diversity

Saturday Night Live Faulted for Lack of Cast Diversity:  Even with the addition of several new black cast members these past few years, Saturday Night Live is still receiving criticism from bloggers and civil rights groups for its lack of diversity.  No kidding, if the show gets any whiter, they’ll have to call it “Saturday White Live.”  One solution to the lack of diversity came from noted civil rights advocate Roseanne Barr, who suggested having white cast members work in blackface.

   

http://www.johnnyrobishcomedy.com

Origins of the Static on Your Television Set:  Scientists say that about 1% of the static on your TV is caused by the cosmic microwave background left over from the big bang.  Sadly, most of the remaining 99% appears to be coming from the Kardashians!

http://www.johnnyrobishcomedy.com

Women Say Men Holding Guitars Make Them Look Sexy:  A new study found that holding a guitar makes a man sexy to women, even if they’re not playing it.  In contrast, the same women said about the only way they’d find a man holding an accordion sexy would be if hundred dollar bills happened to be taped to the side of the accordion.

Views: 52

Comment by J.P. Hart on May 31, 2018 at 10:45pm

'. . . them that's got shall get . . .'
Comment by alsoknownas on June 1, 2018 at 6:55am

I think my friend would disagree, but it seems plausible to me :

Comment by koshersalaami on June 1, 2018 at 9:04am

True story about that:

When I first started playing with a klezmer group in North Carolina, I played melodica with them - it’s what I played that was portable and fit. The guys owned an accordion or two between them that no one played and they were trying to talk me into playing it. It’s clunky, uncomfortable, and I don’t want to bother learning the left hand buttons even though I could. So I told my wife about this and she said

I forbid it

You What?

I forbid it

Why?

Because I never want to be put into a position where I’m watching you play, someone asks me which one is my husband, and I have to answer “the one playing the accordion.”

Dead serious. This happened. 

Comment by koshersalaami on June 1, 2018 at 9:08am

And of course one of the better commercials I’ve ever seen (even though I prefer the maligned drink)

https://youtu.be/NOOmu1Rz17Y

Comment by Johnny Robish on June 1, 2018 at 9:36am

Both post hilarious Kosh!

Comment

You need to be a member of Our Salon to add comments!

Join Our Salon

NEW BLOG POSTS

Phat Country

Posted by Robert Young on June 20, 2018 at 11:30am 2 Comments

Not On My Watch

Posted by Robert Young on June 20, 2018 at 10:30am 3 Comments

Site Launch

Posted by Robert Young on June 20, 2018 at 8:30am 8 Comments

Infestation?

Posted by Ron Powell on June 19, 2018 at 8:00pm 4 Comments

Persistence of Memory

Posted by Doc Vega on June 19, 2018 at 11:07am 0 Comments

Wall him up!

Posted by Dicky Neely on June 19, 2018 at 7:59am 3 Comments

Keep Your Eyes on the Money

Posted by Ron Powell on June 19, 2018 at 12:30am 8 Comments

© 2018   Created by lorianne.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service