I hope you're having a good June. Mine's been mostly good, and certainly 100% busy. Which is why I'm posting this so late. I'm so sorry for that!
Without further ado, here are the prompts for this month.
This month, I've decided to do something a little differently. I came upon this nifty site, which randomly generates various aspects of a story, letting you write something around that. I thought it might be fun to give a few of these a test drive.
- Write a story based on what comes up when you use the site's "Setting" generator.
- Write a story featuring a character or characters who is/are "daring, carefree, cruel" (courtesy of the site's Random Character Traits generator
- From the site's list of Random Writing Exercises: Write from the point of view of a household item. Then write a dialogue between yourself and the item.
- From the site's Random Subject Prompts: Write [a fictional account] of a time you found it difficult to forgive someone.
You can do whatever you like with these prompts - write something for each, write multiple stories for one, or totally ignore them and write something else. And you can, of course, feel free to use other resources on this site that has become one of my new personal faves. The only rule is that whatever you write has to be fiction.
When you've finished your story, announce it in the comments section below, so that fellow participants and fans of fiction on Our Salon will know about it and check it out on your blog.
Here's how it works in more detail, in case you were wondering:
1. Anyone can participate. This isn't really a "club"; it's just a catchy name.
2. Just remember, the only rule is that these have to be fiction stories.
3. To participate: a. Write a story/stories and post it on your own blog. b. Then come back to this post and announce it/them in the comments section here.
4. Your stories can be inspired by the prompts, or just be your own thing - the only requirement, as always, is they have to be fiction.
...and sorry again about the lateness....