I have this tendency to disappear sometimes. These past few months, a lot's been going on and it seems I did just that. I can't believe I forgot to post for November, and I can't apologize enough.
For this month, well, it's the holidays, cold weather, family, food, presents, excitement, maybe some stress are in the air. Let's take inspiration from all that, and write a story (or two, or three, or four) about it (or them).
Here are some prompts, if you'd like:
1. Write about a mysterious holiday guest.
2. Write about a New Year's Eve mishap.
3. Write a story that exposes a secret that no one knows about Santa and/or his reindeer.
4. Write a story about something unexpected that happens when a candle is lit for Hanukkah or Kwanzaa.
You can do whatever you like with these prompts. The only rule is that whatever you write has to be fiction.
When you've finished your story, announce it in the comments section below, so that fellow participants and fans of fiction on Our Salon will know about it and check it out on your blog.
Here's how it works in more detail, in case you were wondering:
1. Anyone can participate. This isn't really a "club"; it's just a catchy name.
2. Just remember, the only rule is that these have to be fiction stories.
3. To participate: a. Write a story/stories and post it on your own blog. b. Then come back to this post and announce it/them in the comments section here.
4. Your stories can be inspired by the prompts, or just be your own thing - the only requirement, as always, is they have to be fiction.
And very happy holidays to all of you!