hi all, manafort is a shady character, but at times he seems like the least shady character in this whole big mess. one might say the (Neo) Swamp™, but that would be ironic.
manafort has connections to the prior corrupt yanukovych govt of ukraine. hes a fallen president, and widely agreed to be corrupt. but my question is, is this "regime change" (in the anodyne talk of washington) merely/ really a falling out among thieves? or a turf war by two world mafias? the ukrainian revolution seemed to be pushed by right wing extremists. is it a peoples revolution or a revolution, like the syrian crisis, fueled/ instigated by western interests?
the US is friendly with all kinds of shady dictators and regularly looks the other way. yanukovych while "bad news" was freely elected. much like the iranian govt that the CIA overthrew decades ago. or as in many other countries.
it looks like the Deep State doesnt really care if a world leader is freely elected or a dictator. thats just window dressing. the real question is whether they "cooperate" with Deep State manipulation. beneath the window dressing, both russia and US want leaders that can be "manipulated". the public "cover image" varies in each case. they may be a dictator, they may be elected, they may be put in place with a revolution or miscellaneous "regime change". Libya was the latest major example.
it looks to me like Mafia 1 (western) did not appreciate manaforts effective working for Mafia 2 (russian) and is using the FBI to take him out. it seems to be something like a "cleanup/ afterthought/ run up the score" operation after Mafia 1 already took over most of Ukraine from Mafia 2 in the "ostensibly populist" revolution a few years ago.
its great that the charges of money laundering are so close to trumps own operation (wrote about all that in depth ½ yr ago last may), and it makes one wonder if the Feds are zeroing in on his own "creative accounting". it looks like Trump is "ground zero" for all kinds of shady money laundering activities. the only question really is, how complicit is he? as that SNL video of ivanka goes. "complicit".... takes on a whole new meaning after a shiny new indictment is handed down. (a real Trump milestone triggering/ worthy of a major blog effort...)
but manafort with all his tens of millions of dollars still seems like a nearly sideshow character to me. there is one rumor in Ukraine hes a CIA agent. it doesnt sound entirely implausible to me. defn some kind of agent...
the real center characters are Sater and possibly Mogilevich. there are scattered refs to them in following links.
another amusing angle to me is how the FBI worked from a washington soccer moms blog to discover Manaforts laundered real estate deal. huh! shes indeed a real hero but why is a volunteer doing more than the FBI to takedown dangerous criminal figures? and one wonders if the FBI only moves in if the criminal stench wafting in front of the public gets too strong... FBI will likely conceal how instrumental her own role was out of professional embarrassment. if a sort of cold blooded agency can be said to have any such human-like feeling.
manafort is sure to hire the very best lawyers money can buy. they will be able to drag out the process quite indefinitely, presumably, just with legal moves. this reminds me of someone else that could be said of, who recently got released after his ~1decade jail sentence: OJ Simpson. also maybe a bit coincidentally they are nearly the same age.
the magnitsky-browder act is in the headlines/ news a lot lately. but again as with everything in our modern Deep State world, nothing is as it seems. after further inquiry it again just appears to me to be another case of Mafia 1 vs Mafia 2 except that here there was enough villainy carefully choreographed in front of congress to generate official sanctions.
browder has done a brilliant job of putting on his white "hardworking businessman" hat and contrasting it with putins sinister dark hat. but really how much difference is there between these two greedy oligarchs? it only seems an order of magnitude or so with Putin now rumored semiplausibly to be the worlds richest man. aka Consigliere vs World Godfather #1. and what the heck really went on in Browders highly lucrative russian "hedge fund" anyway? and what a coincidence! there are CIA rumors there also!
it looks to me like as usual congress didnt ask any hardball questions or question the fineprint much on that one. it was just "kick russia (aka Mafia 2) where it hurts, the exact reason/ rationale/ justification doesnt really matter too much." and our supine, asleep-at-the-wheel media is happy to assist in not looking very closely or thinking about it too hard. "the devil is in the details"--- so then why bother!
intl politics sure can be byzantine cant it? if its hard to follow, just read more of the MSM and worry more about eg football players who kneel during the national anthem and what Trump said about it.
- 1. FBI Probe Of Paul Manafort Focuses On 13 “Suspicious” Wire Transfers
- 2. How to Interpret Robert Mueller’s Charges Against Paul Manafort in the Russia Investigation | WIRED
- 3. Why Paul Manafort Is Going to Be Under Immense Pressure to Testify Against the President | Alternet
- 4. Bob Mueller Goes Big With Charges for Ex-Trump Campaign Boss Paul Manafort
- 5. Five Things to Watch as Robert Mueller Makes His First Big Move
- 6. Why a Trump Aide's Guilty Plea Is Even More Damaging Than Paul Manafort's Indictment | Alternet
- 7. Why the Mueller Indictments Should Terrify Trump
- 8. Trump’s former campaign head was indicted and Fox News talked about cheeseburger emojis - Vox
- 9. Robert Mueller’s Message to Paul Manafort: Cooperate Now or You’ll Regret It
- 10. The Brooklyn Bloggers Who Brought Down Paul Manafort
- 11. Ukraine Believes Paul Manafort’s Crimes Go Way Beyond Money Laundering
- 12. Report: First Charges Filed In Mueller's Russia Probe | HuffPost
- 13. Mueller probes Paul Manafort for possible money laundering | Daily Mail Online
- 14. Paul Manafort May Hold the Key: Who Was He Really Working For? | Alternet
- 15. Paul Manafort Sought $850 Million Deal With Putin Ally and Alleged Gangster
- 16. Report: Russian Billionaire Linked To Manafort Seeks Immunity To Testify | HuffPost
- 17. Paul Manafort's Daughter Texted Friends About How Tight Her Dad Was With Trump | HuffPost
- 18. Paul Manafort’s ‘lavish lifestyle’ highlighted in indictment - The Washington Post
- 19. Did Trump Ex-Adviser Paul Manafort Play a Role in 2014 Ukraine Massacre?
- 20. Here's What America Makes Of Monday's Indictments | HuffPost
- 21. Mueller Reveals New Manafort Link to Organized Crime
- 22. Manafort Was in Debt to Pro-Russia Interests, Cyprus Records Show - The New York Times
- 23. A Brooklyn blogger accidentally uncovered evidence of Paul Manafort's alleged money laundering
- 24. Hackers Easily Guessed Paul Manafort's Cringeworthy Password and Found Daughter's Shocking Texts
- 25. Manafort held passports and accounts under a fake name | New York Post
b. money launder
- 1. Preet Bharara's Russian Money-Laundering Case Abruptly Settled, Raising Eyebrows | Alternet
- 2. Prevezon: Russian money-laundering details remain dark as US settles fraud case - CNN.com
- 3. The Kazakhstan Connection: Trump, Bayrock and Plenty of Questions – DCReport.org
- 4. How Donald Trump worked with mobsters and shady businessmen | Daily Mail Online
- 5. Just What Were Donald Trump's Ties to the Mob? - POLITICO Magazine
- 6. Trump's business network reached alleged Russian mobsters
- 7. Trump business associate led double life as FBI informant — and more, he says - LA Times
- 8. Are the Feds Treating the White House Like a Mob House?
- 9. Trump's Businesses Have a Long, Nasty History of Money-Laundering Charges | Alternet
- 10. Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions - Bloomberg
- 11. Russian Oligarchs May Have Used Donald Trump To Launder Money
- 12. Compromised By Money Laundering, Trump Was The Perfect Candidate For Putin
- 13. Trump's Longtime Business Partner Told Family He and POTUS Are 'Going to Prison': Report | Alternet
- 14. Watch: America's Mobster President—New Evidence in Dutch Public TV Documentary of Trump's International Money Laundering Circles | Alternet
- 15. Watch: America's Mobster President—New Evidence in Dutch Documentary of Trump's International Money Laundering Circles | Alternet
- 16. The Russian Laundromat Exposed - OCCRP
- 17. Trump’s Russian Laundromat | New Republic
- 18. Donald Trump's Ties to Russian Gangsters Stretch Back More Than 30 Years | Alternet
- 19. Is Donald Trump’s casino empire linked to money laundering? Past financial crimes may be the president’s biggest problem - Salon.com
- 20. From Teddy Bears to Trump Towers, Here’s How Money Laundering Works
- 21. Could Wilbur Ross Be the Next Trump Official Targeted in the Mueller Probe? | Alternet
- 22. Wilbur Ross Comes to D.C. With an Unexamined History of Russian Connections
- 1. Is Donald Trump's Casino Empire Linked to Money Laundering? | Alternet
- 2. Trump Taj Mahal casino settles U.S. money laundering claims | Fortune.com
b3. real estate
- 1. Trump Tower Baku may be President's worst deal ever | Daily Mail Online
- 2. New details emerge on Moscow real estate deal that led to the Trump-Kremlin alliance
- 3. Trump's World of Luxury Real Estate Is Fueled By Money-Laundering | ACS
- 4. Russian State-Run Bank Financed Toronto Trump Hotel Through Mystery Buyer: Report | Alternet
- 5. Russian State-Run Bank Financed Deal Involving Trump Hotel Partner - WSJ
- 6. Rachel Maddow Previews Bombshell Report Linking Trump to Putin-Connected Money Pouring into His Real Estate Deals | Alternet
- 1. Cover-Ups and Russian Financial Ties Stand Out as Trump's Russia Scandal Keeps Getting Deeper | Alternet
- 2. As Impeachment Talk Grows, Have Trump's Former Top Aides Already Cut Deals With Federal Prosecutors? | Alternet
- 3. Trump's denial of Russian links cost Comey his job | Daily Mail Online
- 4. Trump Russia: The U.S. President's Disturbingly Deep Ties To Russia | Fortune.com
- 5. Russians Boast of Having Trump in Their Pocket: Report | Alternet
- 6. Exclusive: Trump's 3,500 lawsuits unprecedented for a presidential nominee
- 7. Beyond ‘golden showers’: Here are 9 explosive claims from intel memo on Trump-Russia collusion
- 8. The Major Development in the Russia Collusion Story Trump Desperately Wants You to Ignore | Alternet
- 9. Evidence of the Trump Administration's Collusion with Russia is Piling Up Fast | Alternet
- 10. Why Not Call It Treason? | Alternet
- 11. Trump’s Malignant Pattern: He Woos People, Rips them Off and then Abandons Them—and He Won’t Stop | Alternet
- 12. 5 Escape Hatches Republicans May End Up Using to Avoid an Imploding Presidency | Alternet
- 13. Could This Sketchy Trump Associate Be the One to Bring His Presidency Crashing Down? | Alternet
- 14. Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’ - NYTimes.com
- 15. Trump’s Business Partner Tries to Erase his Prostitution Bust From Web
- 16. Will Trump Seal His Own Doom by Firing Sessions and Mueller? | Alternet
- 17. Could a Footnote in the Papadopoulos Announcement Bring Down the Whole Trump Campaign? | Alternet
- 18. How Trump became the Russian Mafia’s bitch | Veterans Today
- 19. WWW Exclusive: Felix Sater Links Trump to Comey’s Replacement - WhoWhatWhy
- 20. Government Must Tell if Trump Associate Had Russian Mob Ties - WhoWhatWhy
- 21. More About Felix Sater — the Problematical Friend Trump Forgot - WhoWhatWhy
- 22. Why FBI Can’t Tell All on Trump, Russia - WhoWhatWhy
- 23. The Rise of George Papadopoulos, a Trump Adviser Who May Kill Trump’s Presidency
- 24. Even Trump's Inner Circle Admits His Presidency May Be Doomed | Alternet
- 25. Former FBI Official Believes Robert Mueller Is Closing In on Trump Himself | Alternet
d. trump jr/ mtg
- 1. Is Donald Trump Jr.’s Meeting the First Hard Evidence of Collusion With Russia?
- 2. Trump Aides: Russia Flap Proves Don Jr. Is the ‘Fredo’ of the First Family
- 3. There Are Too Many Strange Coincidences Surrounding Donald Jr.'s Russia Meeting to Ignore | Alternet
- 4. The Sickening Reality Is Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails Likely Won't Change Anything | Alternet
- 5. Trump Jr. Met Lawyer Who Repped Accused Russian Money Launderer
- 6. The real reason Trump Jr met the Russian lawyer | Veterans Today
- 7. Donald Trump Jr. Met Russian Accused of Laundering $1.4 Billion
- 8. Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr. Were Close to Being Charged With Felony Fraud | Alternet
- 1. Why Robert Mueller’s Facebook Warrant Is a Huge Deal | Alternet
- 2. The Trump Nightmare: How It Ends | Alternet
- 3. IRS starts handing over tax and financial files to Mueller | Daily Mail Online
- 4. 4 Keys to Mueller's Investigation of Trump | Alternet
- 5. Thousands In U.S. 'March For Truth' Regarding Trump, Russia Ties | HuffPost
- 6. March for Truth Organizers Have a Simple Demand: Investigate Trump | Alternet
- 7. 5 Clues James Comey Just Left Behind
- 8. Donald Trump Isn't Just Being Investigated for Collusion with Russia | Alternet
- 9. 6 Signs That the Russia Investigation Could Blow Up the Trump White House | Alternet
- 10. Congress Warns Donald Trump That It Will Be Toxic If He Fires Bob Mueller
- 11. 5 Reasons Why Extraordinary Presidential Powers Make It Very Difficult to Nail Trump, His Family or His Team | Alternet
- 12. This Is Why Donald Trump Is Terrified Of Robert Mueller
- 13. White House as Crime Scene: How Robert Mueller Is Closing In on Trump | Alternet
- 14. Mueller Russia probe over by Christmas says WH lawyer | Daily Mail Online
- 15. Inside Robert Mueller’s Army
- 16. Mueller's Russia investigation inspires hilarious memes | Daily Mail Online
- 17. Robert Mueller Is 'Going for the Kill' in Trump Investigation: Report | Alternet
- 1. The Untouchable Mr. Browder? - The Unz Review
- 2. Bill Browder Forces Cancellation of Film Critical of Him Minutes Before Screening in Brussels
- 3. US screening of controversial Russian film ends in ruckus
- 4. Sergei Magnitsky, Bill Browder, Hermitage Capital Management and Wondrous Metamorphoses | The Kremlin Stooge
- 5. It’s Not What You Know, It’s Who You Know: Deconstructing William Browder | The Kremlin Stooge
- 6. Fighting Putin Doesn’t Make You a Saint | New Republic
- 7. The Secret Jewish History Of Donald Trump Jr.’s Russia Scandal – The Forward
- 8. The Magnitsky Hoax? - The Unz Review
- 9. Be careful of Putin, he is a true enemy of Jews - The Jewish Chronicle
- 10. Businessman Bill Browder Details Dealings With Russian Laywer Tied To Trump : NPR
g. crime/ russia
- 1. Judges Conceal Kosher Nostra, Sater, Aid Organized Crime & Death Threats | Veterans Today
- 2. You Need To Connect The Dots Between The Bombshell Michael Flynn Stories | HuffPost
- 3. Jared Kushner's Charmed Life Is About to Come to a Screeching Halt | Alternet
- 4. GOP Lawmaker Got Direction From Moscow, Took It Back to D.C.
- 5. Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance Joins the Trump Family’s Private Chickenshit Club
- 6. Jeff Sessions’ Incredible Shrinking Russia Denial | HuffPost
- 7. The Most Dangerous Mobster in the World | Provocateurs | OZY