Somewhere in the middle of chemo I've still had energy enough to be pissed at the Texas Legislature. Other's have made many relevant and worthwhile arguments of exasperation. My thought on the War on Women:
- I wonder if the Republican previous huffing and puffing over "Sharia Law" that Obama's secret Muslim acquaintances were supposed to inflict upon us was some kind of societal prep work, because they knew they sounded completely ridiculous. But ah-hah! when the Repubs promptly began stripping women of our freedoms previously unquestioned, Lefties aren't even going to make the comparison. It's already lost its potency.
Also: If you hadn't heard yet, Halliburton admitted to destroying evidence that they had more of a role in the Deepwater Horizon disaster than previously acknowledged. A very big role. The announcement came at end-of-day Friday. So they have the weekend to potentially be covered up by something more pressing--like the FBI admitting they've used Domestic drones 10 times. I care more about the Halliburton thing, but who knows what the media eventually decides to focus on come Monday.
- Deepwater Horizon disaster occurred in 2010. Halliburton first knew they were potentially in deep shit in May, when the first set of simulations were run, confirmed, then destroyed. They tried again in June. Simulations confirmed they were liable, simulations were destroyed. And not a peep was made until Friday. The two men assigned to run the simulations must have been paid VERY WELL.
- there was an election to be had that fall, Halliburton will forever be tied to Dick Cheney and thus the Republican party. By destroying evidence and keeping their name out of it as much as possible, they kept the focus on the foreign company, not on Halliburton, not Dick Chaney, not the Republican party which swept the election.
- So why say anything now? Halliburton has just opened itself up to a string of civil lawsuits when the public was on the downhill side of moving on. Americans have a very short attention span, we'd never know.
- Perhaps the two men who were assigned the simulations just lost their jobs. But what's two disgruntled employees?
- So much more could be said about these events.