Is there a connection between the apparent murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, and the sudden, unannounced but timely, resignation of Nikki Haley as American Ambassador to the UN?
OK. I read it. I don't get it.
Which dots are you connecting?
1. The Trump/Kushner relationship with Saudi money interests.
2. Trump's unwillingness or refusal to take action or speak out forcefully against Saudi involvement in the disappearance and likely murder of the journalist who was employed by the Washington Post.
3. The real possibility that US intelligence operatives had advance awareness of a Saudi plot against Khashoggi and Trump's capacity for turning an unethical and immoral blind eye and deaf ear where his priority is money....
4. Nikki Haley's tendency towards traditional conservative views re foreign affairs and the likelihood that if American intelligence had advance knowledge of the Saudi plot, she was aware of such information.
5. The fact that Haley's resignation is dated October 3rd which would put her resignation ahead of the events leading directly to the disappearance/murder of the journalist at the Saudi Consulate in Turkey.
6. Trump's refusal to allow her to speak up and speak out on this matter at the UN would, in many ways, taint her credibility, stature, and status. It would cause questions to be raised re whether she was, in some way, complicit in the matter.
7. Haley's desire to avoid and avert any kind of legal entanglement which would destroy her political ambitions...
8. She's smart enough to know that getting out now is much better for her than leaving under any kind of cloud of suspicion and intrigue....
Hope that's enough dots for you to mull over...
The link between Jamal Khashoggi's murder and Nikki Haley's resignation is John Bolton.
(and, yes... a lot of these links are pure conjecture and supposition on my part, but if that Occam's razor's "the simplest solution tends to be the right one" is legit then I think my guesstimates are pretty valid.
One more reaso:
Nikki Haley simply cannot afford the legal representation that would be required to extricate her from yet another Trump scandal and debacle....
@Amy; We're on the same page....
I thought in a somewhat less tangled way that
1.)Nikki is probably thinking of running against Trump, and now is time to distance herself ahead of the elections next month, and
2) Nikki is a basically ethical person who may have thought that she could stay out of the Trump sewer, but now feels pulled toward the drain hole and needs to break free.
I admit to being too naive to imagine conspiracies.
I can imagine them but that was not the challenge. I'm basically running on about 4 hrs. of sleep per night in the process of moving out of a house I've been in for 40 years...
...and because I am not in school, I figured that since the poster proclaimed this week that if one doesn't get it then they should just say so, that I would try that method.
The two postings here do provide food for thought.
I don't know about some of this. In my opinion she wants to seek "higher" office in the near or even immediate future and she knows she can cut ties with Trump and exit fairly untarnished. I think it is very possible that she, Rick Perry, and Ben Carson were picked to be in the administration to neutralize them in their Presidential ambitions.
Gosh, I guess I should have read these comments more thouroughly! I see others here expressing some the same points as I! Well, perhaps that is close to the truth!
I think she got out while the gettin' was good for lots of reasons, that will probably not be fully known unless our friend in the White House wasn't her and is still at large. One thing for sure: she's a smooth operator. How she was able to mouth all that bull shit is beyond me.
Welcome toOur Salon
Posted by Robert B. James on February 17, 2019 at 8:24am
Posted by old new lefty on February 17, 2019 at 2:58am
Posted by Johnny Robish on February 16, 2019 at 9:35pm
Posted by Robert B. James on February 16, 2019 at 8:00am
Posted by Ron Powell on February 16, 2019 at 6:00am
Posted by J.P. Hart on February 16, 2019 at 4:00am
Posted by Johnny Robish on February 15, 2019 at 9:51pm
Posted by Robert B. James on February 15, 2019 at 8:30am
Posted by Ron Powell on February 15, 2019 at 8:30am
Posted by Ron Powell on February 15, 2019 at 7:00am
Posted by Johnny Robish on February 14, 2019 at 11:00pm
Posted by Doc Vega on February 14, 2019 at 3:26pm
Posted by Doc Vega on February 14, 2019 at 3:00pm
Posted by Ron Powell on February 14, 2019 at 11:30am
Posted by Doc Vega on February 14, 2019 at 10:44am
© 2019 Created by lorianne.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.