Hey guys, can you believe it's already 2017? I can't. And I can't believe I forgot to post the Prompts and Stories Lists for last month. I am so, so sorry. January was crazy and February has started out like that, as well. But I hate making excuses. I'm sorry and I messed up and I'm hoping it won't happen again.
Here are the prompts:
1. Write a story inspired by this photo:
2. Write a love story that goes against how you typically write and/or think about love. For example, if you're a romantic and/or tend to write romantic stories, do a cynical or tragic one. If you're not into romance/don't believe in magical love and whatnot, try to write a romantic story.
3. Write a story that includes the words: soft, teacup, power lines, dossier
4. Write a story about an unexpected thing happening to a character on Valentines Day.
You can do whatever you like with these prompts. The only rule is that whatever you write has to be fiction.
When you've finished your story, announce it in the comments section below, so that fellow participants and fans of fiction on Our Salon will know about it and check it out on your blog.
Here's how it works in more detail, in case you were wondering:
1. Anyone can participate. This isn't really a "club"; it's just a catchy name.
2. Just remember, the only rule is that these have to be fiction stories.
3. To participate: a. Write a story/stories and post it on your own blog. b. Then come back to this post and announce it/them in the comments section here.
4. Your stories can be inspired by the prompts, or just be your own thing - the only requirement, as always, is they have to be fiction.
And a very happy new year to everyone. May it be full of inspiration, love, good health, and hope.