Ah, how fast the time goes.... I'm still reeling that it's already August!
I hope you guys are doing well and having a good summer.
Here are the prompts for this month:
- Write a story that includes these words: heat, hot, sunburn.
-Write a story about two strangers meeting on a bridge.
- Write a story about running away.
- Write a story that involves some kind of research. This could be a way to challenge yourself if you've always wanted to know more about something - now you can do that AND have fun by including it in a fictional story!
You can do whatever you like with these prompts - write something for each, write multiple stories for one, or totally ignore them and write something else. And you can, of course, feel free to use other resources on this site that has become one of my new personal faves. The only rule is that whatever you write has to be fiction.
When you've finished your story, announce it in the comments section below, so that fellow participants and fans of fiction on Our Salon will know about it and check it out on your blog.
Here's how it works in more detail, in case you were wondering:
1. Anyone can participate. This isn't really a "club"; it's just a catchy name.
2. Just remember, the only rule is that these have to be fiction stories.
3. To participate: a. Write a story/stories and post it on your own blog. b. Then come back to this post and announce it/them in the comments section here.
4. Your stories can be inspired by the prompts, or just be your own thing - the only requirement, as always, is they have to be fiction.